The Events of the Rapture
1. The Lord Himself will descend from His Father’s house, where He is preparing a place for us (John 14:1-3 and 1 Thessalonians 4:16)
2. He will come again to receive us to Himself (John 14:-3)
3. He resurrects those who have fallen asleep in Him (deceased believers whom we will not precede; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-15).
4. The Lord shouts as He descends (“loud command,” 1 Thessalonians 4:16) “All this takes place in a twinkling of an eye” (1 Corinthians 15:52)
5. We will hear the voice of the archangel (perhaps to lead Israel during the seven years of tribulation as he did in the Old Testament; 1 Thessalonians 4:16).
6. We will also hear the trumpet call of God ( 1 Thessalonians 4:16), His last trumpet for the church. (Don’t confuse this with the seventh trumpet of judgement on the world during the Tribulation in Revelation 11:15).
7. The dead in Christ will rise first. (The corruptible ashes of their dead bodies are made incorruptible and joined together with their spirit, which Jesus brings with Him; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).
8. Then we who are alive and remain shall be changed (made incorruptible bu having the bodies made “immortal”; 1 Corinthians 15:51, 53).
9. Then we shall be caught up [raptured] together ( 1 Thessalonians 4:17)
10. With them in the clouds (where dead and living believers will have a monumental reunion: Thessalonians 4:17)
11. To meet the Lord in the air ( 1 Thessalonians 4:17)
12. To “receive you to Myself.” Jesus takes us to the Father’s house “that where I am, there you may be also” (John 14:3)
13. “And thus we shall always be with the Lord” (1 Thessalonians 4:17)
14. The judgement seat of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:10). At the call of Christ for believers, He will judge all things. Christians will stand before the judgement seat of Christ ( Romans 14:10; 2 Corinthians 3:11-15, This judgement prepares Christians for…
15. The marriage supper for the Lamb, just prior to His coming to earth in power and great glory, Christ will meet His Bride, the church, and the marriage supper will take place. In the meantime, after the church is raptured the world will suffer the unprecedented wrath of our God which our Lord called the Great Tribulation (Matthew 24:21)
We are now living in the last days…
ARE YOU RAPTURE READY?